Welcome!

If you are looking for Willow Farm Apparel's T-shirts, please see the tab on the left labeled "Willow Farm Apparel". Do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or requests. Thank you for your support!

Sunday, March 21, 2010

An old box

I found this old box down by the barn that the previous owners left, probably an old feed box... anyway, I filled it will dirt and have planted carrots, radishes and spinich in it. The dirt mound in front now has a bunch of strawberry plants in it, with daliah's off to the side.. (gee.... sounds like it'll make a MUCH better picture in a couple months!) I really wanted to keep up on my gardening reports for a few friends that are following this blog to see when I plant what (although, I really don't know what I am doing, they seem to believe otherwise! =) ). Yesturday I finally was able to finish completely blocking off the garden area so the chickens can't get in... they really do a number on seeds, seedlings and well... all the yummy plants! So I planted peas to grow up the contraption I made (see "branches and twine" post).  I have started seed starts inside of brocolli, cauliflower, basil, 4 different types of tomatoes, mini bell peppers, halipenios (sp?), cantelope (we'll see if that ever takes..), cabbage, lavender and thyme. So far all but the cantelope and peppers have sprouted. Elle really enjoys helping me spray them with the squirt bottle a couple times a day and she often tells them "good night" before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment