Welcome!

If you are looking for Willow Farm Apparel's T-shirts, please see the tab on the left labeled "Willow Farm Apparel". Do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or requests. Thank you for your support!

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

From Seed...

Here are my Tomato starts! These are the cherry tomato's. I just planted about 6 of them in the garden last weekend to see how they adjust before setting them all out.


Basil... I have never grown Basil before but really want to can speghetti sauce this year from my own stuff, so I am trying it out.

The tall one is a Brandywine Tomato and the others are cabbage, brocolii and cawliflower. I have had to re-start so many things since I lost about 50-60 starts to what I believe was a mouse that chomped the leaves off or dug out the dirt. They particularly liked the cantelope... every time the two leaves appear, within 24 hours, they are gone! UGG... I need to set traps. They must know they are save from the chickens and cat in there (yes, chickens will eat mice... I didn't know that either... but I've seen it!). I have also read that peppermint deters mice, so I have planted some which will take over that area around the green house by next year and hopefully the mice won't be a problem then. Any other ideas???

No comments:

Post a Comment