Welcome!

If you are looking for Willow Farm Apparel's T-shirts, please see the tab on the left labeled "Willow Farm Apparel". Do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or requests. Thank you for your support!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Homemade soup from homemade chicken broth


Yummy, healthy soup for the season.
This is the only photo I got as I didn't think to take one while making it. I used the vegetable/chicken broth I made yesturday. I used a regular sized saucepan, filled it about 1/2 full of the broth, added 3 medium sized quartered yukon gold potatoes, 3 carrots cut in thirds, 1 sliced small onion, and about a cup of frozen sweet corn. I brought it to a boil and then turned heat down to low and cooked for nearly an hour. Dumped it all in the blender, added about 1/3 Cup shredded cheese (that was all we had, or I would have used more) and blended it (as shown above). It made a DELICIOUS creamy soup. The kids both loved it. They cleaned their bowls. I just used the vegetables we had, I had planned to throw in brocolli too, but didn't have any. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment