Welcome!

If you are looking for Willow Farm Apparel's T-shirts, please see the tab on the left labeled "Willow Farm Apparel". Do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or requests. Thank you for your support!

Monday, January 11, 2010

Homemade dish washer detergent

My husband is super picky about how dishes come out of the dishwasher. (for any of you that know him, you realize how funny that is!) We are not a "pre-rinse" family, unless you count a good licking by the dog... and this recipe works EXCELLENT. SUPER cheap and easy to make. One ingrediant is a little tricky to find.... Citric acid... I buy mine at the local co-op. It is an ingrediant also used in cheese making, and I find it in that section, but I have also heard it can be found at pharmacies...

Ingrediants:
1 Cup Borax
1 Cup of washing soda
1/3 Cup of Citric acid
1/3 Cup of Salt (Kosher works best, but any kind will do)

Mix the ingrediants. The Citric acid makes it clump a bit. Use One Tablespoon per load. Add white vinegar to the "rinse aid" compartment. (I keep a small containter next to the detergent so I don't have to get the big jug each time I do a load.)
No spots, everything comes out clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment