Welcome!

If you are looking for Willow Farm Apparel's T-shirts, please see the tab on the left labeled "Willow Farm Apparel". Do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or requests. Thank you for your support!

Monday, January 11, 2010

Using cloth diapers?

We just started using cloth diapers (Bum Genius 3.0). I LOVE them! So easy, especially with full time breastfed babies. Since I have to do the separate wash for those, I decided to stop buying disposable wipes and just make my own out of scrap flannel fabric I had from sewing projects. I just keep two wipe containers on the changing table, one with the wash solution (see below for recipe) and the other just with water. I take the flannel peices and dip them in the wash solution wipe the baby and then put it in the water to soak until the next time I wash the diapers (which happens ever other day). So now I am not paying for wipes anymore, my little one never gets rashes and we have even less garbage to deal with.

Wash Solution:
(I am sure there are many ways this can be done, here is what I do..)

fill the container 1/2 way full with water, add about (I just eye it) 1-2 tablespoons of liquid natural baby wash (I use burts bees kind) and about a teaspoon to a tablespoon of oil (I have used olive oil in the past, right now I am using baby burts bees apricot oil, because I found some I already had) and then add more water until container is about 3/4 full. (this ensures the soap/oil get mixed in a bit, although the oil with rise to the top...) That's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment