Welcome!

If you are looking for Willow Farm Apparel's T-shirts, please see the tab on the left labeled "Willow Farm Apparel". Do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or requests. Thank you for your support!

Monday, September 27, 2010

Making Applesauce

We made applesauce this morning. Got the last apples from one of the trees and a few from another and quartered them and threw them in the pot. I recently learned about apple seeds... they have a lot of anti-oxidant, but too many can be toxic to the body... so some apples I didn't core and some I did. I leave the skins on mainly because I am too lazy to peel each one, but also they have a lot of nutritional value as well. For this large pot I put water in to about 2-3 inches, put a lid on and let it steal to a boil and the apples were soft and the peels falling off.

Like this.
 and then with

that I borrowed from my mom... I did this:

EEK!

A small interuption... my little man got his diaper off of course while I am pouring steaming hot apple chunks into the grinder! =) Kids just love the dishwasher... funny isn't it?

Anyway..Look at all that warm-insert DELICIOUS smell- yummy applesauce! I put some in containers to freeze, we all had a bowl with some cinnamon on it and the rest I will just keep in the fridge as I plan to use most of it this week. It is a great sugar subsitute in baking breads or cookies, I also use it making pancakes. The smell alone is worth the effort (which really isn't much).



No comments:

Post a Comment