Welcome!

If you are looking for Willow Farm Apparel's T-shirts, please see the tab on the left labeled "Willow Farm Apparel". Do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or requests. Thank you for your support!

Friday, October 1, 2010

Plantain

THIS is Plantain! I have blogged about it in other posts. This grows EVERYWHERE! Look in your lawn, I bet you have some. This is what I use when a kid gets a bee sting. I just pop it in my mouth, chew it up and spit it onto the sting. I have also used this on a weird ingrown nail thing on Michaels finger... it was HUGE and nasty and after putting some of this on it for about 10 minutes, it went WAY down and after a couple days was gone... he had had the bump for over a week before that. If I ever got a snake bite (no posinous ones here) this is what I would put on it... spider bite, etc... it is an astringent- so it pulls the poison out.


See how the leaves have the defined vains... 
Hope this helps you to identify! Great herb to teach your children about. Elle now points it out to me now, it is EVERYWHERE. You can also make a tincture with it using glycerin.

No comments:

Post a Comment