Welcome!

If you are looking for Willow Farm Apparel's T-shirts, please see the tab on the left labeled "Willow Farm Apparel". Do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or requests. Thank you for your support!

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Crockpot with whatcha got! =)

I did a crock pot meal I thought I'd share. We are trying a new food budget thing this year (this being the first month) and let's just say that I only had $21 left on the 14th to get us until the end of the month! =) I am now (as of the 21st) completely out and having to get creative with what we've got, which I actually really enjoy having to do. So yesturday for dinner I threw in the crock pot quartered small potatoes, carrot chunks and frozen hamburger patties on top (so the juices drip down over everything else to give them more flavor). We have a lot of apple trees on our property and last summer I was trying to use all that I could to not waste any and I made pie filling (sliced apples, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar shook together in a ziplock bag) and froze it in ziplock bags so all i'd have to do is make a crust and throw it in.... anyway, so I used some of that ON TOP of the hamburger... cooked it in the crockpot for 4 hours on high, it was SO GOOD! No salt or anything added, it smelled really good and apples really make beef taste amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment