Welcome!

If you are looking for Willow Farm Apparel's T-shirts, please see the tab on the left labeled "Willow Farm Apparel". Do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or requests. Thank you for your support!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Back from a trip home!

It was so nice to be home in Washington for 11 days. What a wonderful trip! The kids had SO much fun. Carpeted floors where as good as heaven for them. They rolled and played, jumped and fell and danced to their hearts content without any worry for the pain they endure here with these rock hard tile floors in every room. I haven't blogged for a while, I haven't really taken many photo's lately and I know posts are more fun with photo's, plus I have a few "how to" things in the works that are not done yet.

Florida:
My hands are soft, nails long and never dirty.
Washington:
Nails broke, caluses, dirt under nails, blackberry scratches and thorns in my fingers... not to mention washing my hands in the large water trough that sits in the field.... only to find out 2 1/2 hours later that there was a dead squirel at the bottom....

I had no idea how clear the air is in Washington (or how unclear it is in Miami) until I got back and realized how far I could see THROUGH the air... I had never felt like I couldn't see through air, until I realized I was... interesting...

It is nice to be in warm weather, the kids got stuffy noses and coughs at home and it is a good reminder of how nice it is to live in a warmer climate during the winter.

It was so fun to WORK on our property. I LOVE it. Even in the winter when it is much less than it's glory, it is so beautiful there. So many people expressed pity to me for having to go back and work on hauling bark, rock and cleaning out a smelly chicken house and clearing blackberries. But that is what I enjoy! That is was makes me happy. It was so uplifting to be back home and do those things. Even though we are not going to be there to enjoy all the beauty and suprises spring brings or to see all the hard work we have put into it all, it is still very much worth it, not only because it is right to take care of what is ours, but because it takes care of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment