Welcome!

If you are looking for Willow Farm Apparel's T-shirts, please see the tab on the left labeled "Willow Farm Apparel". Do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or requests. Thank you for your support!

Friday, September 10, 2010

Part 2 of "Sad Day"

So... after hours of no chickens being seen or heard from, slowly they started showing up...who knows where they escaped to, but so far 6 have made their way back. One that I thought was dead, came back to life...although we'll see if she makes it... and the rooster (whose feathers were everywhere and I was certain had been drug off into the field) actually made it...barely... he has 1, literally 1, tail feather left, a large gouge out of his back and is missing two claws... he definately fought for his ladies lives! What a guy!... So we are not completely wiped out. Broody Blackie and 4 others are still missing... I talked to the owner of the dog... that didn't go super well... but we'll see... I just hope we don't have to shoot her dog...
We had a funeral tonight for the dead ones...Michael dug a hole and Elle requested we sing Amazing Grace, BaBa Black Sheep and Twinkle Little Star... so we did...

2 comments:

  1. oh Sara, I am so sorry about your chickens. I will be praying that that dog stays away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about your horrible chicken luck. That is so discouraging and maddening. I wish I could say something to make you feel better. :)

    ReplyDelete